January 16, 2023
Vestergaard Company Ltd. recently celebrated their 10-years anniversary and the company is stronger than ever and poised for future growth. If you are ready to take the company to the next level, we would like to have you on the team.
With a range of newly introduced products and more on the way, we anticipate some busy years going forward. This would entail ramping up the production capacity and moving the company to larger facilities.
The organization spent the last couple of years in R&D mode, developing new products and engineering the right solutions. The time has come to further mature these products and put focus on optimizing the supply chain around them.
After some challenging years for the aviation industry and especially for the markets in the region, we are now ready to strengthen our commercial efforts and presence, with the new products.
The Vestergaard Company Group is growing as well, and part of the Group strategy is increased integration amongst the companies in the Group. We are therefore taking the first steps to establish a shared service center in Thailand with mechanical and electrical engineering competencies.
As a Country Manager you will be responsible for managing all business activities in Thailand. This involves taking responsibility for revenue, profit, engineering and quality targets. Setting annual operating budgets, reviewing the budgets regularly and producing a detailed annual operational business plan.
Given the size of the company, your job may include being in charge of many areas of the business such as General management, Production, Engineering, Customer service and Technical support.
You will be the primary liaising with the head office in Denmark, where you are expected to contribute and promote cooperation between Denmark and Thailand. You will participate in weekly meetings with support functions from HQ.
In cooperation with the Engineering department, support the development of new and existing products as well as bringing new products to the market.
You are expected to recruit and manage staff, including performance monitoring and training.
The role is client facing and so regularly contact with clients is expected, therefore the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written is essential. You should expect some travel days throughout the year.
You will report to the CEO of Vestergaard Company Group in Denmark.
- Manage and develop the organization – on all levels (both operational, tactical and strategic)
- Production planning and capacity disposition
- Review financial report and take actions to meet revenue, profit and quality targets of the company.
- Report to HQ on financial and operational aspects on a monthly basis
- Oversee procurement processes and participate in price negotiations with key suppliers
- Develop and cooperate with Engineering on technical solutions
- Building professional relationships with staff and clients
- To effectively manage operations, you need to have knowledge and experience from a manufacturing company, preferable with an engineering product of a certain complexity
- Production and technical knowledge and understanding is necessary, and a good level of supply chain understanding is an advantage.
- Good business understanding and management experience
- Demonstrate a high degree of cultural sensitivity and a willingness to learn. Be able to always maintain self-control.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including people-management and leadership.
- Provide feedback and acknowledgement to employees to set direction and maintain motivation.
- Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail without losing track of the bigger picture
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- An exciting opportunity to take the company to the next level and lay the foundation for the future scope
- Being part of an engaged team in Thailand and internationally
- An attractive salary package with paid housing and car. In addition, the package is tailored to your situation (family, children, etc.)
Do you want to be part of the team?
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact CEO Stefan Vestergaard on +45 46 42 22 10.
Please apply via the form to the right. We regularly call for interviews and hire when we have found the right match.
About Vestergaard Company
Vestergaard Company (Thailand) Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Danish engineering manufacturing company Vestergaard Company A/S. As part of a globalization strategy, we have established a manufacturing and engineering presence in Thailand to provide equipment for the region and the rest of the world. The organisation in Thailand has a headcount of 34 employees and encompasses all functions.
Vestergaard Company A/S develops and manufactures high-technology specialized vehicles for the servicing of aircrafts worldwide. Vestergaard Company has more than 60 years’ experience, is a market leader and sets the standard for the industry in terms of quality, functionality and sustainability. Vestergaard Company is an international company; we employ around 300 employees and have offices in Thailand, Denmark, USA, France, Germany and Finland.