January 4, 2023
Are you passionate about automotive engineering to research, develop, evaluate, and implement advanced autonomous robot systems and driver assistance systems?
Then we are looking for someone just like you to contribute to our development of autonomous software!
Removing ice and snow from airplanes is a necessary and safety-critical process to enable reliable air transport in the cold winter months at many airports around the world. Vestergaard Company is currently developing a state-of-the-art autonomous system which is envisioned to reduce the reliance on trained operators. Modern 3D lidars generate point clouds, from which the airplane is recognized, and the truck should then navigate and de-ice autonomously.
You will be working in a small team developing these cutting-edge features on Vestergaard’s industry-leading de-icing trucks for airplane de-icing at the airport.
- Design, build, simulate, test, and deploy software for perception-driven robotic manipulation and autonomous driving
- Develop algorithms, software modules, and libraries with responsibility across the entire software engineering lifecycle: requirements, design, source code implementation, testing, integration, and real-world operational testing
- Selection and integration of the hardware, and creating documentation for production
- MSc in Autonomous Systems, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Robotics or similar
- 1+ years’ hands-on experience with software development (or equivalent through university projects)
Needed skills (listed by order of importance)
- Modern C++ including object-oriented design, algorithms, data structures, multi-threading, and memory management
- Development and debugging in a Linux environment
- Experience with experimental robotics and field testing in a “real world” environment
- Excellent English skills (Danish is also advantageous)
- ROS/ROS2 (Robot Operating System), Git, unit testing, continuous integration (CI), scripting, CMake, Docker
- 3D point cloud algorithms (PCL, SLAM, segmentation, recognition, filtering, feature extraction…)
- Understanding of Python, MATLAB, Simulink, Java…
- Experience with autonomous vehicle sensors (lidar, camera, radar, IMU…)
- Knowledge of autonomous vehicle algorithms (within perception, mapping, localization, path planning, navigation, and control)
- Experience with simulation of robots and/or vehicles, or video game development
- Ability to evaluate automotive hardware, and design diagrams and schematics
- Basic understanding of communication networks (Ethernet, CAN, Serial…)
- Analysis of large datasets
- Experience with cloud platforms (Google Cloud, AWS…)
- Experience with real-time visualization of data and simple GUI designs
- An exciting job in a professional company with modern working conditions
- An informal and good social working climate
- Skilled colleagues in an environment where team spirit and the well-being of the individual employee is an essential part of the company culture
- Possibility of working out of home office if tasks and function allow this
- Job in a company that contributes to the green transition in the industry
- For questions, please contact Technical Director Elo Svanebjerg +45 4642 2227
- Send your job application via the form on the right side
- We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of gender, age, cultural background, or disabilities
Vestergaard Company history:
Vestergaard Company is the market leader in the development, production, and sale of high-tech vehicles for de-icing and other aircraft servicing equipment. The company has +300 employees and – in addition to its headquarters in Gevninge in Denmark- also offices/production facilities in North America, Thailand, France, Finland, and Germany. The company products set the standard for the industry in terms of sustainable development, quality and functionality is a 60-year-old`young` well-consolidated family-owned company growing with a safe and developing work environment that promotes creativity. We create new opportunities and business areas in harmony with the environment and surroundings.